R.F. (Ben) Stewart III, JD, LL.M.
In 1981, Ben received a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing Management from the University of Alabama and received his law degree from the Cumberland School of Law in 1984. Following graduation, he received a Masters of Law in Taxation from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 1985.
In 1994, he was awarded the Certified Employee Benefit Specialist designation (CEBS) from the Wharton School of Business and the International Society of Employee Benefit Specialist and in 2011 he became an Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®).
In addition to practicing law for over 33 years as a probate, estate planning and elderlaw attorney, Ben’s experience included working for several international consulting firms, such as Mercer Consulting, as a retirement plan consultant. Ben continues to provide guidance to small and medium-size businesses on their retirement plan design and operations.
He is a member of the Alabama and Birmingham Bar Associations, The Birmingham Estate Planning Council and the International Foundation of Certified Employee Benefit Specialist. He is also a founding member of the WealthCounsel, a national organization of estate planning attorneys, the WealthCounsel Advisors Forum, a national organization devoted to comprehensive wealth planning and the ElderCounsel, a national organization devoted to the practice of elderlaw and special needs planning. He is also a Qualified Member of Kingdom Advisors.
- University of Alabama (B.S. Marketing Management, 1981)
- Cumberland School of Law (J.D. 1984)
- The University of Florida (LL.M in Taxation, 1985)
- Alabama State Bar (1984)
- Tennessee State Bar (1985) (Inactive)
- United States Tax Court
- “Veterans Administration Accredited”
- Alabama Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Elder Law Section
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Real Property, Probate & Trust Section
- Birmingham Estate Planning Council
- Financial Planning Association
- Wealth Counsel
- Elder Counsel
- Kingdom Advisors
OTHER PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS
- CEBS – Certified Employee Benefits Specialist
- AIF® Accredited Investment Fiduciary
- CKA® Certified Kingdom Advisor
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Beyond the Veterans Benefit known as “Aid and Attendance” – The Alabama Lawyer (Nov 2015)
- National Business Institute – Veteran Benefit Basics
- 2012 Birmingham Magazine’s Top Attorney – Probate